Learn how to build search functionality with Examine and Lucene.net but also think beyond the search box. Discover the capabilities of the engine by delving deep into real world case studies and exploring the potential solutions available to clients.
Duration: 1 day
Target Audience: Developers
Learn how to build search functionality with Examine and Lucene.net but also think beyond the search box. Discover the capabilities of the engine by delving deep into real world case studies and exploring the potential solutions available to clients. Become aware of common gotchas and access advice from experienced Examine practitioners to troubleshoot problems. Harness the power of search and become the next master in the arcane art of Examineness (™ Shannon Deminick).
Over the course of the day we will cover:
- Lucene.net internals
- Examine configuration
- Examine Fluent API
- Examine events, gathering node and document writing
- How to debug Examine queries
- Indexing and searching PDFs
- How to build your own custom indexer
- Multi index search
- Multi lingual search
- How to index complex data types
- Spatial search with Lucene.net contrib
Learn from the best
All certified Umbraco trainers know their way around the Umbraco source code, and have several years of Umbraco development and implementation experience. They know the real-life challenges you have with working with Umbraco, and love to share their knowledge.
- You should bring your own laptop
- We require that you have at least Visual Studio 2015 or 2013 (The free community edition is sufficient)
- Computers that are locked down by IT have a history of causing problems, so ensure that you have user rights to run a web project on your machine
Before attending this course you should have a basic understanding of the following topics (with some practical application):
- Umbraco Document types and templates
- Creating content in the Umbraco UI
- C# and .Net Framework
|Melbourne||VCSO Level 2 420 Collins Street Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia||Fri, 20 April 2018||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Sydney||Sydney University Village 90 Carillon Ave Newtown Sydney||Fri, 6 July 2018||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
About the trainer
Umbraco Certified Master & Official Trainer
Peter has been developing websites and contributing to the Umbraco project since Umbraco version 2. He is well versed in all things Umbraco and is a trusted consultant throughout the world. Peter has been facilitating the Umbraco Certification courses on behalf of Umbraco in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa since 2009 certifying hundreds of developers.