Tailor the backoffice user experience your editors needs and learn how to take full advantage of all the Umbraco backoffice can offer.
Duration: 1 day
Target Audience: Developers
Customise the Umbraco back-office to give content editors the best CMS experience ever. Build great websites with a tailored user experience for your editors. Customise and extend the Umbraco back-office with custom components using Angular JS.
Workbooks and plenty of exercises are provided but we leave plenty of time for discussion. This is a hands on course where you will be building a real Umbraco solution.
We love talking and teaching Umbraco so feel free to bring up topics and problems you may have run into.
The class will cover:
- Basics: What is an Umbraco property editor
- Making Umbraco usable for the editor
- Required fields
- Field validation
- Useful help and error messages
- The default property editors - and choosing the right one
- Shall I use a textbox, dropdown or slider?
- Introduction to Umbraco grid layout
- Introduction to Umbraco property editors and Angular JS
- Angular – model binding to Umbraco data
- Building your own Umbraco property editors
- Simple property editors
- Consuming external data
- Creating and customising Umbraco list views
- Creating custom Umbraco dashboards
- Document type composition and inheritance
After this one day course, you'll learn that Umbraco is a developer's best friend and you’ll be an Umbraco heavyweight!
Learn from the best
All certified Umbraco trainers know their way around the Umbraco source code, and have several years of Umbraco development and implementation experience. They know the real-life challenges you have with working with Umbraco, and love to share their knowledge.
- You should bring your own laptop
- Computers that are locked down by IT have a history of causing problems, so ensure that you have user rights to run a web project on your machine
Before attending this course you should have a basic understanding of the following topics (with some practical application):
- Umbraco Document types and templates
- Creating content in the Umbraco UI
|Sydney||Sydney University Village 90 Carillon Ave Newtown Sydney||Fri, 17 March 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Melbourne||VSCO, Melbourne CBD Australia||Fri, 7 April 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Gold Coast||1a/37 Connor Street Burleigh Heads QLD 4220||Fri, 23 June 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Sydney||Sydney University Village 90 Carillon Ave Newtown Sydney||Fri, 28 July 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Melbourne||Melbourne CBD Australia||Wed, 20 September 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
About the trainer
Umbraco Certified Master & Official Trainer
Peter has been developing websites and contributing to the Umbraco project since Umbraco version 2. He is well versed in all things Umbraco and is a trusted consultant throughout the world. Peter has been facilitating the Umbraco Certification courses on behalf of Umbraco in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa since 2009 certifying hundreds of developers.