Connect a 3rd party application with Umbraco and learn how you approach the complex integrations of 3rd party data and business logic with Umbraco.
Duration: 1 day
Target Audience: Developers
Combine Umbraco with external data and business logic. A 1-day class for developers with existing ASP.NET applications they wish to integrate with Umbraco.
Workbooks and plenty of exercises are provided but we leave plenty of time for discussion. This is a hands on course where you will be building a real Umbraco solution.
We love talking and teaching Umbraco so feel free to bring up topics and problems you may have run into.
The class will cover:
- Detailed Umbraco architecture overview
- Displaying data from an external source in Umbraco
- Umbraco Macros and caching
- MVC routing in Umbraco
- Extending the Umbraco backoffice
- Creating an Umbraco dashboard
- Creating an Umbraco property editor
- Umbraco Membership
After this one day course, you'll learn that Umbraco is a developer's best friend and you’ll be an Umbraco heavyweight!
Learn from the best
All certified Umbraco trainers know their way around the Umbraco source code, and have several years of Umbraco development and implementation experience. They know the real-life challenges you have with working with Umbraco, and love to share their knowledge.
- We require that you have Visual Studio 2015 or 2013 (The free community edition is sufficient)
- We expect the course attendee to have experience in working with Visual Studio, ASP.NET and coding in either C# or VB.NET, all exercises are provided in C#
- Computers that are locked down by IT have a history of causing problems, so ensure that you have user rights to run a web project on your machine
Before attending this course you should have a basic understanding of the following topics (with some practical application):
- Object Object-oriented programming
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET and MVC
- Umbraco Document types and templates
- Creating content in the Umbraco UI
The course isn't suitable for students without a working knowledge of Object-oriented programming concepts (Constructors, Methods, Properties etc.)
|Sydney||Sydney University Village 90 Carillon Ave Newtown Sydney||Thu, 16 March 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Melbourne||VSCO, Melbourne CBD Australia||Thu, 6 April 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Gold Coast||1a/37 Connor Street Burleigh Heads QLD 4220||Thu, 22 June 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Sydney||Sydney University Village 90 Carillon Ave Newtown Sydney||Thu, 27 July 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
|Melbourne||Melbourne CBD Australia||Thu, 21 September 2017||10 seats||$995.00||Book Now|
About the trainer
Umbraco Certified Master & Official Trainer
Peter has been developing websites and contributing to the Umbraco project since Umbraco version 2. He is well versed in all things Umbraco and is a trusted consultant throughout the world. Peter has been facilitating the Umbraco Certification courses on behalf of Umbraco in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Africa since 2009 certifying hundreds of developers.